Sunday, June 22, 2014
Slow Progress is Still Progress
For this last week I have really tried to meet the protein quota, 60-70g of protein a day. It has not been easy. Every morning has been egg beaters with a quarter cup of cheese. I never thought I could tire of eating eggs, but it has definitely happened. When I figured how much protein I was getting from 3 meals, I am still shy of hitting 60g so I thought it would be a good idea to have add a protein bar to my meals, one a day, half in the morning the other half in the evening. I have been eating the Quest Coconut Cashew bars. It has 20 grams of protein which really boost my protein into that 60-70g range per day. Not to mention the protein bar tastes amazing, I really enjoy eating it. So my goal this next week is to find some high protein breakfast options so I am not stuck eating egg beaters everyday.
My week has been uneventful but extremely busy. I spent 2 days sanding and refinishing a used patio set I purchased. The backs of my legs hurt from all the standing and bending over to sand and paint and my right arm hurts from using the spray paint cans. My husband did not have a lot of faith in me to transform what looked like trash into a treasure we could use. I did it, and he was impressed with how well it turned out. I decided after doing that that I would refinish two old patio chairs that we have had a long time. Those chairs turned out equally as well and I am super happy with the results.
It's finally warm enough that we have been able to swim nearly everyday this week, I got to work on my tan while my kids wore themselves out in the pool. My family has been continuing our fitness challenge that I mentioned this week. I am amazed by both my husband and my son, both have set personal records in their one mile runs. My son is running a 7 minute mile, and my husband ran an 8:19 minute mile. My best time is 10:47, and it likened to kill me. My end goal is to run that mile in less than 10 minutes. I am still struggling with sit-ups, but I do what I can in hopes that the next day I can do more. I have been able to do 25 push ups and can hold a plank for 1 minute 30 seconds. I have found that music is really important when I run, I tend to keep pace with whatever I listen to. If you have suggestions for great running or workout songs I would love to hear them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment