Saturday, June 7, 2014
Florida Vacation
We just got home from a week long vacation in Fort Myers, Florida. It was a great vacation and I am happy to say I did make my first goal of being in "one"derland before we left. I did make a second goal of 190, which I was a couple pounds shy of making. I am okay, because I know if I continue my new lifestyle those pounds will come off. When I sat in my seat on the plane, I noticed right away that I didn't feel squished in my seat as I have in the past. My hips did not touch the arm rests and I could comfortably cross my legs. It was hard to be away from a scale that long, I like to weigh a couple times a week just to check in on my progress. Our hotel, like most, did not have a scale in the room. So you can imagine the first thing I did when I got home was weigh. For several reasons I was not surprised that the scale hadn't moved much for a week. Like many people when I go on vacation my bowels also go on vacation, so I was plagued with constipation. This was exacerbated by Aunt Flo's visit for the month.
I have to say since weight loss surgery Aunt Flo's visits have been very different. Several years ago I had the endometrial ablation procedure. This procedure had been successful, I had not had a period since...until my weight loss surgery. Now I get visited once a month, it comes with all the symptoms of a regular cycle. I am not thrilled about this. I go for my three month post op follow up next week and I will be asking if this is normal.
While on vacation my eating was pretty much as it would be at home with a few exceptions. Splurges I indulged in: Dairy Queen strawberry shortcake blizzard, I had only a few bites, but it was goooood; A chocolate covered strawberry, yum; a desert sampling tray, again only a few bites; and a quarter of a bagel. During the week I thought I was keeping my indulgences in check, but now as I type them for my blog that seems like a lot of indulging and I will be working really hard this next week to make up for it.
I was pretty active on vacation. My husband and I walked 4 miles one morning. I also went paddle boarding with my son. That was a first for me, it was a lot of fun and as difficult as I thought it would be. Paddle boarding is a serious leg workout, my thighs hurt for several days after. I can't wait to go on vacation and try it again. I kicked the soccer ball around with my son and we played paddle ball on the beach. All sports are better and more fun when they are played on the beach.
The last time we had family pictures was about 10 years ago, I was close to the weight back then that I am now. My family was overdue for family pictures so even though I am not the weight I want to be I went ahead and scheduled family pictures on the beach. I haven't got to see them yet, but I think (hope) they will turn out great. I will let you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment