I also found out on Tuesday I tested positive for the H Pylori bacteria. No big deal and it is now being treated with antibiotics, a lot of antibiotics. However, I am irritated over the whole testing process and unnecessary expense I incurred. My doctor indicated that I would need to be tested for this bacteria at least 1 week prior to surgery so I could start antibiotic treatment prior to surgery. So my EGD was 8 days prior to my surgery. I wasn't notified I tested positive for this until almost 2 weeks later, which was several days after my surgery. I don't understand if it is okay to notify me and treat this issue after my WLS why I had to have a separate EGD procedure, because they could have easily done this the same day as my actual WLS surgery. So I am not exactly happy about that. So if you are a WLS candidate ask to have your EGD done at the same time they do your WLS. There isn't a legitimate reason (other than to make more $) your Dr. should deny this request.
I had my staples (9 of them) and 1 stitch taken out today. It was painless and fast. I let my Dr. know about the issue with the bariatric multivitamin, he said that it was fine to just take a regular multi-vitamin plus B-Complex. Today was my first day to really be out and about and I feel worn out. I went to 3 stores, my back is achy and I feel exhausted. I have not felt any hunger since my surgery however today as I felt my energy draining I knew I needed to refuel. So I went home and had a few tablespoons of egg drop soup. Before surgery I could shop for days, without sleep and not tire, I love to shop. The exhaustion I experienced after a few hours of shopping was an unpleasant surprise and I hope that I build-up my shopping stamina to pre-surgery levels. The other great thing that happened today is that I administered my last lovenox shot, the shots weren't that bad, but I am so glad to not have to do that anymore. I should add that I am still pretty sore, but everyday the pain is less.
My husband and family say they see a noticeable difference in my appearance, but I don't see it yet. The difference I have noticed is on the scale, which I am happy about. I will post pictures in my photo gallery tomorrow and you can judge for your self.
I had my staples (9 of them) and 1 stitch taken out today. It was painless and fast. I let my Dr. know about the issue with the bariatric multivitamin, he said that it was fine to just take a regular multi-vitamin plus B-Complex. Today was my first day to really be out and about and I feel worn out. I went to 3 stores, my back is achy and I feel exhausted. I have not felt any hunger since my surgery however today as I felt my energy draining I knew I needed to refuel. So I went home and had a few tablespoons of egg drop soup. Before surgery I could shop for days, without sleep and not tire, I love to shop. The exhaustion I experienced after a few hours of shopping was an unpleasant surprise and I hope that I build-up my shopping stamina to pre-surgery levels. The other great thing that happened today is that I administered my last lovenox shot, the shots weren't that bad, but I am so glad to not have to do that anymore. I should add that I am still pretty sore, but everyday the pain is less.
My husband and family say they see a noticeable difference in my appearance, but I don't see it yet. The difference I have noticed is on the scale, which I am happy about. I will post pictures in my photo gallery tomorrow and you can judge for your self.
No comments:
Post a Comment