Thursday, April 3, 2014

3 Weeks Post Op - Mind Games Anyone?

This past week has been successful. I feel great; my energy level is as high as it was previously, maybe even higher.  I am noticing my clothes are loser and I feel like I can see a difference in my body.  I am excited that in a few weeks the first number in my weight will be a 1 and not a 2.  I am even more thrilled that this is the last time I will ever weigh this much.

I am following the prescribed diet. With each passing day it gets more difficult to do the right thing with the food I eat. I want to eat something carb loaded, any sweet bread or pastry item would do. I have to remind myself, I am not hungry, but I am having a battle with my mind over food. It seems with each passing day these mind games are increasing. I am also feeling a little grumpy; I think it's from a lack of sugar...like a withdrawal symptom. I am trying my hardest to not give in. I keep telling myself one more day and I will win this mind game and these struggles will dissipate.  So for the naysayers who think weight loss surgery is a weight loss miracle, you couldn't be more misinformed.  If you do not follow the recommended diet you will not lose weight.  If you graze on food all day, you will not lose weight.  I had weight loss surgery, but I am losing weight because I am changing my relationship with food and eating very differently.

I am finally not taking all the medication for the H. Pylori and it has been a relief. The last few days of choking down those 3 huge pills two times a day was about to get the best of me. This past week I did have some grilled salmon; I had some difficult eating it so I won't be attempting it again for a while. It seems the foods I eat have to be very moist in order for me to eat them comfortably.  Right now my diet mainly consists of soup, tuna with a little light mayo, yogurt, and oatmeal.  I am drinking about 1/2 a protein shake every couple days, which is good, but I should be doing it every day.  With the exception of shopping I haven't added any physical activity.  This week I am committed to start walking again.

I am looking forward to weighing less than my husband, in order to reach this goal faster I have been preparing all his favorite meals to sabotage his attempts at dieting.  I know, I know I am a terrible wife. I have made him very aware of my intentions; he can diet for a week and lose 10 lbs.  Is it so wrong this wife wants to be a less fat hot mess than her man?  I think not, and he will thank me for it in the long run.     


No comments:

Post a Comment