It's been another great week. I have tried a few new foods and they have all been great. I tried salmon again, it was the best salmon I have ever had. My husband and I went to The Range restaurant at Harrah's Casino, and I reluctantly ordered the salmon. One because it was expensive and I knew I would only have a few bites of it and I won't eat fish left over, and two the first time I tried salmon it didn't go down easy. The salmon was moist and dressed in a slightly sweet white sauce, just thinking about it makes me want to eat it again. This week I have also reintroduced grapes and cottage cheese....together! They are really complimentary foods and delicious together. This week my family also tried a new BBQ restaurant, Plowboys in Blue Springs. It was amazing. I ordered the BBQ chicken sandwich and have made several meals from my left overs (no bread, just the chicken).
We spent the night at Harrah's and Saturday morning my husband was in a hurry to leave (if you know my husband, this is probably shocking to hear he was in a hurry to leave a casino). I knew I needed to eat and told him as much, but you know how whiney men can get. So I didn't get to eat breakfast, in fact it wasn't until about 2:30pm that I ate for the first time that day, and I was sick. I felt motion sick, the room was spinning, I couldn't keep my balance, and honestly I felt like I could pass out. So I finally ate some soup and laid down for a while. I felt this way for about four days after this happened. I think skipping a meal caused my electrolytes or something to be off and today I am just feeling like I have it under control. So if you have WLS, DON'T SKIP MEALS.
This past week I did something I haven't done in years.....I bought a size 14 pair of pants. It feels great to be able to buy a size in regular stores, in their normal misses section again. I know that size 14 is a stepping stone and I will be getting smaller so I am not going crazy with a new wardrobe.... yet. I am also making good on the commitment to exercise. I am parking about a 1/2 mile away from work now to get in more walking and today I walked 2.8 miles. The weather was beautiful today and it felt good to get out again and walk.
As I shared with you before my husband is trying to diet and I am actively trying to sabotage his efforts. This week I made him tacos and as I was getting ready to add the taco seasoning to his meat he looked at me and said, "Are't you going to drain the grease from the beef before you do that?" Whaaat? Of course I was going to drain the grease....only because I got caught. You bet your sweet cellulite if he hadn't been looking I would not have drained the grease and served it to him just the same. And like the other recent meals I have neglected (accidentally of course) to drain the grease from he would have complimented me and said these are the best tacos you have ever made! This time I didn't get a compliment, but he did come back for fourths.
No comments:
Post a Comment