My post is later than normal and I forgot to take my measurements (I am telling you as if you didn't notice), but I did weigh and take pictures on time (Thursday). My weight loss is better this week than last, so for that I am happy. This has been a difficult week. Easter is a hard food holiday for me because of the candy. I LOVE Easter candy, and while it was hard I made it and so did my children's Easter candy (unscathed by me, which is huge). I have resisted the temptation to eat any of the candy, and it has been an extreme test to my will power, but up to this point I have done it, and I plan to continue to fight the good fight. Logically, I know I can have a piece of candy I also know I don't usually stop at one, maybe one bag, but never one piece. In my mind, eating that one piece is would be the slippery slope to failure for me, and I am not failing. So until I feel like I have some self-control, no candy for me.
When you have gastric sleeve surgery you should expect to be on prescription prilosec for a minimum of two months post surgery. Friday before Easter I took the last of my first month's prilosec prescription. So, Easter Sunday I did not have any prilosec to take. For the first time since before my surgery I had some wine at our family gathering on Easter Sunday. One itty bitty, tiny taste of wine was all I could take, it burned once it hit my stomach. I am certain this would not have been the case if I had taken my medicine. As soon as the pharmacy opened Monday morning I got my prescription refilled. I am just wondering, will two months of this medicine be enough? Will I ever be able to enjoy my favorite adult beverages again? Time will tell.
This past week my husband and I did a ton of yard work. I mowed, pulled weeds, cleared brush and cut trees from our fence line, planted grass seed, and treated our grass for weeds. I say "I" but really it was a joint effort between my husband and myself. It was a lot of work. It felt good to work in my yard, but I could feel it in my back and legs the next day. I can't wait till my schedule lightens up a bit so I can devote more time to my my yard.
This week I have had a good food week. I cooked my family spaghetti, I made myself an alternative meal. I strained some of the spaghetti sauce over rotisserie chicken breast. That way I still felt like I was eating what they were eating without the pasta and the pork. It was delicious, and is one of my new favorite things to eat. I have started to eat less yogurt and instead will eat more chicken, turkey, or tuna. I still get full really fast, but am really noticing my old appetite returning. I have said it before, I am not hungry, but unless my body is busy doing something I want to eat. So I have been trying to keep myself really busy. I am taking classes right now, and sitting down doing research and homework for my classes is when I most want to eat. So I have been trying to keep my mouth busy with gum. I have always loved gum, but on the days I chew gum I notice extreme bloating and gas issues. The gum helps me not eat when I shouldn't be, so friends & family buy a gas mask.
I am getting close to "one"-derland (if you don't know what this means, you've probably never been over two-hundred pounds). I know I will get there soon and am very excited. My family is going on vacation soon and I hope to be in "one"-derland by the time we go. So exercise and continuing my new food habits will be imperative to reaching this goal. I have to say I am a little disappointed though. I have lost about 32 pounds now and no one has really noticed (besides myself, husband, and kids). I thought when I went to my families Easter dinner someone would mention that I looked like I had lost weight, but no one said a word. I have family who we haven't seen for like 5 months, and they didn't notice. My friends, who I see infrequently, haven't noticed. So I have to wonder, have I been so fat that a 32 lb weight lost hasn't put a dent in my appearance? I can see a difference, my clothes are fitting very differently and I know that's all that really matters. This is something I am doing for myself and no one else, but let's face it, it's nice when your hard work is acknowledged by others.
No comments:
Post a Comment