Friday, May 2, 2014

7 Weeks Post Op - I'll take another week like this

I had a significant weightloss this week, and it couldn't have come at a better time. However I did not see a significant change in my other measurements from 2 weeks ago. I have not weighed this number since 2004. The really great feeling is to know I will never be here again and that this is just a pitstop on the way to less fatville. The other really exciting thing is how close I am now to weighing less than 200lbs, that will be an exciting weigh in and I hope that it's next week!

This next week is the last week of my restricted diet, I am excited to introduce protien other than fish and poultry in my diet. Although I have found some really great fish to eat. If you have never tried Gorton's Simply Bake tilapia and salmon you are missing out. They are delicious and I am able to almost eat a who serving. They are extremely high in protein and low in fat and calories, but packed full of flavor and yumminess.

This week I consumed a couple of new things...my husband took me to one of my favorite pre-surgery food places, The Canoe Club in Lake Latowana. They have the best spinach and artichoke dip. They serve it with fried pita bread, it is the best spin dip I have ever had. Anyway, we went and I had a couple bites. The pita bread is the first bread I have had since before surgery, it was good. All of it was so tasty, but I couldn't eat much of it, I was just full. That is a welcome change because prior to surgery I could have finished it off, by myself. Another thing I had this week, peanut butter. It was so good, I just had a spoonful, and enjoyed every minute of eating it.

My clothes are fitting very loose now. I will be having a garage sale sometime this summer to get rid of everything and raise funds to buy new stuff. Once I get to one-derland I will be rewarding myself with some new tennis shoes. I went to my favorite thick figured lady store, Lane Bryant, tried on several things in the smallest size available, nothing fit. Lane Bryant has been a big part of my life the last several years, so it is definitely a big deal to not be able to fit their clothes anymore. I also went to Maurices, a cute trendy clothing store, and for the first time in I don't know when I am able to fit in clothes in their "normal" size section.

So this next week also marks the end of the semester for me. I hope to be less stressed, have more time to work in my yard, exercise and work on some crafting projects I have in mind. I am pretty excited about getting to fill my time (for a couple months) with things I want to do instead of things I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment