This has been another good week for many reasons. Today was the last day of class for me, so I am officially on summer break now. This week I also completed all my final assignments and projects for the classes I am taking and it is a relief to be done. On top of all that my weight continues to decrease. Although, this week weight loss has been a little bittersweet. This week the goal was to get to "one"derland, and it didn't happen, kinda. This past monday I was feeling particularly good and had a busy day doing yard work. So when I came in for the day I weighed....my weight was 199.2, I took a picture. I was so happy. I decided not to weigh again until my normal weigh-in day....Thursday. I fully expected to get on the scale today and be less than what I weighed Monday. It didn't happen and this morning I weighed 200.0 lbs. I was really disappointed. I had to remind myself, that I am less than I was last Thursday and that is what is important. Hormones and hydration can cause weight fluctuations, and to make myself feel better I am totally using both as a cop out for mine. I have set a new goal to be at 190 lbs before we leave for vacation, I am really going to try to get there.
I haven't tried any new foods, but I look forward to my unrestricted diet starting tomorrow. I plan to continue with the following changes in my diet: Avoid breads, pasta, and flour foods, eat the lowest amount of carbs at dinner and highest amount for breakfast, eat a high protein lunch around 2pm(ish), avoid snacking. I feel like this has been the key to success so far and I want to continue down this path. This last week I had a fun size york peppermint pattie, one of my favorite candies. After I consumed it I had to look up the nutrition content, it has 50 calories, that is almost half the calories I consume for dinner when I eat fish. That's a lot of calories for such little nutrition benefit. Needless to say, it just wasn't as good as it used to be, and I just don't want to spend time consuming calories that don't really benefit my body. When you consume about 800 calories per day, there just isn't room for 50 calories of crap. It's a weird thing to say, coming from a recovering crap lover.
I finally weigh less than my husband, so I am calling off my mission to sabotage his dieting efforts. Don't get me wrong, my husband is a hottie, but it sure feels good to have a lower number than him, even if it's just by a few ounces. I mean really what's a healthier longer life without the man I love by my side?
No comments:
Post a Comment